Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3 days down, and 1 more to go till Spring BREAK!!

Yess! I keep telling myself one more day one more day. I am completely burnt out and the kids are on vacay mode. Today was one crazy hectic day. Have you ever thought about what your life would be like WITHOUT technology?? It seems so hard to imagine the days when we had no cell phones, computers, internet, etc. For the past week our phone lines at school have been down so we have been relying on email. Today I get to school and our entire network was down. That means that we had no internet, could not access files that are on our 'server' and worst of all we couldn't even print!! Lucky thing today was a Wednesday. It was crazy since we had no idea that we had indoor recess (even though it was completely sunny)--due to the storm (that passed, yay!) which made the playground all muddy. Also, since we're wrapping up the quarter and collected data for grades we needed to use the computer lab. I admit, I'm guilty..I'm also on vacay mode. I procrastinated (but I learned my lesson, I promise!) and thought I'd print the kids usernames and passwords when I get to school. Lo and behold I couldn't even access the darn things. I was scrambling but it all worked out and I sure am happy that we're at "1 more day till break!"

I spent a lot of time yesterday watching tutorials by the amazing Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files. I'm slowly learning and getting the hang of this blogging thing. Again, I'm always open and welcome to tips and advice from you other bloggers (yes, you reading this! :P) . Anywayys I wanted to see if I could embed this google doc. I made a past-tense verb sort for my kids last night. I had them organize it using a tree map format. I have pictures of their maps being put together but forgot to snap a picture of a completed verb tree map. I'll try and remember tomorrow and then post it up.

Click here if you would like a copy. 

Here's one as the student just began putting it together. At the very top is their title "Past Tense Verbs". Next,  they added their branches which were the four different rules. Below each rule they needed to paste a word that followed the rule. They were also required to write the correct form of the past-tense verb.




Hope you enjoy the rest of this beautiful Wednesday (the sun is back..Yay!). I'm off to take a shower, clean the house and get ready for some One Tree Hill


Glitter Words


8 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I love your blog...too cute! Thanks for the past tense freebie, I have some students who could really use the review! I just became your newest follower and I can't wait to read more from you! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrea! Thanks so much for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  2. Courtney,

    I nominated you for an award! Come to my blog to check it out!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so flattered! Thank you so much!! BTW, I still haven't forgot about your request for the fractions sheet. There is a special font for fractions but I had purchased it from one of the ed stores. For some reason my computer at school doesn't have a setting to save as a pdf file but I will continue to work on it :) Thanks again!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the FREEBIE! I can really use this next week (about to go make copies of it as a matter of fact!). I am your newest follower! Thanks for following me. =) I actually teach 4th grade right now. I am hoping to move to kindergarten after this year. I LOVE One Tree Hill. How funny to find another blogger who does. =)
    ~Jada
    Daisy Days for Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jada,

      You are so very welcome! I'm glad that you can make use of this too :) Yes, isn't one tree hill so crazy?? I can't wait till Monday to see what happens!

      Wow, we are quite similar..I was just talking to some co-workers last night about possibly moving to kinder next year too. Still thinking about. K has always been my dream grade, but I do like third :) Have a great weekend and thanks for following me!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the freebie. I am always happy to find a fellow 3rd grade teacher to share ideas with. I saw your comment on my blog and hopped right over to check out your blog. I'm proud to say I am your newest follower.
    Happy Blogging!!!
    Patti
    A Series of 3rd Grade Evetnts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy!! I'm your newest follower! Thanks so much for the kind words over on my blog. Kristen is super awesome and is a really great person. I used her tutorials when I was getting rolling too.
    I hope you have a wonderful break.
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete