Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekend

Happy Saturday All!

Hope that everyone had a Seuss-tastic Friday. I was shocked to find out that a handful of my kids could not do a simple rhyming worksheet. They were to color in bubbles if the word rhymed with green (bean, mean, etc) and so on. I was a bit upset. It led to a lesson on rhyming. I read Dr Seuss' Hop on Pop and my kids LOVED it. I guess books are NEVER too babyish . Their faces were lit up the entire time and they were laughing their heads off. We also read the Lorax which is an awesome book and has an amazing message. We spent a lot of time discussing the story, the message then the kiddos went off and wrote a continuation of the story. It was truly precious, especially the pictures.

It's Saturday and I wish I could go garage sailing for some new class books. I am in total re-organize mode of my class library since I have inputted them all on the website Classroom Booksource. It truly is great, the kids have learned quickly how to check in and check out books. Some of the irresponsible ones have difficulty remembering but they'll get it! I totally want to re-organize the entire library by genre, author, etc. Any good ideas of how to organize?? Unfortunately, I can't go garage sailing because I'm off to a Thinking Maps Prof. Development class I'm taking.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I just came across your cute blog! Isn't it funny how a group of kiddos can be so different from another? It is frustrating how others seem to think all kiddos learn the same and should all be moving through the curriculum at the same pace.

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I just started!! I'm off to yours now :)

    BTW, how do you link back to your blog in the comments?

    ReplyDelete