Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday's Adventures!

So, since I'm on summer vacation I told myself that I wouldn't spend every day cooped up in the house and working on school things. This was one of the very few Saturdays that my wonderful boyfriend had off. We rarely EVEr get to spend the weekends together since he is always working. SO we went on one of our favorite hikes, Kailua Pillboxes. The trail begins across the street from a private golf course...my bf took a picture of this since he wishes he could play there :P

This hike has one of the most beautiful views ever. You head uphill on some very steep and dry dusty ground. The beginning doesn't look too pretty, but trust me the views are breathtaking!

This is the ridge, heading up to the first of two pillboxes. These boxes were built by the military during World War II. 
Here I am, taking a picture break for all my bloggy friends on my way down :) 
Once we were done with out hike we were really hot and sweaty so we headed down to the beach you see in this picture to take a refreshing dip. While at the beach swimming, there was a cute little honu (turtle) swimming about 10-15 feet away from us! 
honu
He keep popping his head out of the water like this! How cute huh?! The last time my bf and I went paddle boarding, I almost bumped into a turtle!! I had to try and maneuver the board in the opposite direction and almost fell of doing so! haha. 

After the beach, we headed to have a yummy lunch at Whole Foods. Do your whole foods serve the wok bowls?? They are so yummy! You fill up a bowl with all the vegetables you want (about 30 to choose from) , choose a protein (chic, beef, shrimp, tofu), pick a sauce (teriyaki or lime and garlic), and a starch (noodles, white or brown rice). Once you've chosen all of these things, you hand it over to the person behind the counter and they stir fry all the ingredients up. It's so yummy! I wish I took a picture.

Once we were done eating, we headed out to some garage sales. For those of you who know me, you know I love me some book shopping at garage sales :) I scored all of this:
For $20!! I got almost 40 books, all in great condition. A Shel Silverstein book of poems, a sterilite 3 drawer organizer and a cute little clear basket. The basket is filled with all chapter books!!

I'm a sucker for buying books I would have liked to read. This past year, I had trouble getting my lower level boys to find books they like. As I was going through my library, i noticed I don't have much variety for 'boy books'. I have a ton of Magic Tree House, just got a bunch of Nate the Great, ton of Flat Stanley, a handful of Horrible Harry books and some Goosebumps and Animorphs. Other than these books, what do your boys like to read?? 

2 comments:

  1. I love Kailua....my husband...not so much! I missed seeing the President in January by 15 minutes at the shaved ice place he goes to...dang!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys last year really enjoyed the Bone books. They're more like comic books, but they're in chapter book format, so I was happy. I also had a lot of Harry Potter readers, but that wasn't my low boys!!

    ReplyDelete