Friday, March 14, 2014

Five for Friday

Happy Aloha Friday Friends!
I must say that it is a very happy Friday for me because I can officially say that I am on SPRING BREAK!! I thought this time would never come but I am definitely looking forward to some relaxation time, sleeping in, and of course- wedding planning! Time is ticking and I am officially at my 3 month mark. Yikes!
Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for:

Let's get to it!
We have been busy prepping for state testing but the kids still need to have fun!! Here are 2 of their favorite 'hands on' assignments they were working on this week… 


I purchase Easter Eggs after they go on sale. I then go and write fractions on them and the kids need to find it's matching pair. They do the math on their white boards to check to see if they truly are equivalent! 
This is another class favorite: Multiplication Snow Ball War! It's a quick paced game where students can practice their fact fluency. 
This week we just finished up reading Third Grade Angels

My kids absolutely LOVED this book and would beg me every day to read it aloud to them. This will definitely become our new class read aloud every year!! 
We also started Fourth Grade Rats today…I was begged to read this book to them.


Here are both books on Amazon if you're interested. In all honesty, I have never been BEGGED so much to read to my kids. I absolutely love it- what teacher wouldn't, right?! 

Today we had our School Talent Show! It amazes me at all the Talent that is packed in these tiny little bodies. It's kind of sad that some of these talents go unnoticed in the classroom…I'm just glad they had the chance to shine today!



My students have been working hard to collect and bring in plastic bottle caps. They filled this container once and are working on filling it a second time. 
Our school is taking part in the Kokua Hawaii Foundation Bottle Cap Challenge. We are currently competing against 50+ schools to see who can raise the most plastic caps to be recycled. The winning school will get a FREE concert by JACK JOHNSON! I think teachers are a little  more excited about this than the students :P lol. He is the co founder of this company!! 
You can check them out here..





The kids have been busy designing educational games they would like me to create for them over the break. They are required to write out the skill, number of players, directions, and rough sketches of what they envision their games to look like. They are so excited..but I think I'm even more excited to see what they come up with!!


Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing when I went to my school's talent show last year. It was the first time I had ever been and I was blown away by how amazing these students were! It is sad that they don't have too many opportunities to share these talents.

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about this bottle cap challenge???? So amazing! If your school wins, I'm taking a personal day and coming to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete