Friday, August 1, 2014

August Currently

Hey! Linking up with Farley again for her August Currently! 


LISTENING: The hubby watching tv. I had a rough day yesterday so he decided to surprise me and take the night off so he could be there for me if I had a bad first day :) Love him!

LOVING: My students!! Today was the first day and I have a bunch of cutie pie sweethearts!! 

THINKING: I need to write a checklist while all the things that need to be done at school are fresh in my mind before I get too relaxed and forget!! I have a TON of things to do this weekend :/

WANTING: The weather to cool off. It is SOOO HOTT!! 

NEEDING: To catch up. The past 3 days I haven't had any electricity at school. I was there, but couldn't use the computer, I couldn't print anything…nothing. I ended up falling way behind in having my classroom ready and all the important papers that need to go home. 

Alright, well I better head off and catch up! Heading to Jack Johnson's Concert tomorrow as a back to school treat :) 

6 comments:

  1. I start back on Monday! I am happy to know that there are others that start as early as I do! I am so glad to here that you had a great first day with a great group of kiddos! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jamie! Good luck on Monday. You will have a fantastic day ;)
      Courtney

      Delete
  2. Woah! You started school already?!?! On a Friday?! Well, at least you have a nice weekend ahead of you now! :) Enjoy the concert tomorrow!
    Kari at Teaching with Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kari! Yes- Summer went waaay too quickly!! Enjoy your summer!
      Courtney

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post. I love making to-do lists. They make anything that is stressful, like back to school time, more manageable. I bet that was so hard not having electricity!! We haven't started back to school yet, but I tried to print stuff at school yesterday and our servers weren't working right. Nothing would print to the copiers like it normally does. I hope you have a great school year!

    Ms. King's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kayla! Lists make everything better and easier to manage ;) Ugh- I hate when school servers are down :( It's so frustrating. Have a great year yourself!!Thank you so much for stopping by!
      Courtney

      Delete