Sunday, August 31, 2014

September Currently!

Aloha, Friends! I'm linking up with Farley again for her September Currently!


LISTENING: To the Kardashians. Love this show :)

LOVING: My students!!! I absolutely adore this group and miss them when I'm absent! 

THINKING: I need to make use of this 3-day weekend. So far, I have done NOTHING school related :/ I did get to spend the day with the hubs and some friends on Saturday though which was really nice!!

WANTING: An acai bowl. Where I live now, there aren't really any good acai bowls around. I've been craving this for awhile!

NEEDING: More TIME! I have so many responsibilities this school year as Grade level chair and mentor teacher (to a college student and 2 beginning teachers). To top it off I am also planning a baby shower and bridal shower. I never have enough time in one day or week to get it all done. 

Love this last one! I have been wanting to travel to Tahiti ever since I was a little girl. I also really want to go to Japan for the yummy yummy food!! I've also always dreamed of going to New York. My dream as a little girl would be that I would be proposed to in NYC during Christmas time :) 

I'm off to make my grocery list so I can meal prep tomorrow. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney! I love your blog…it makes me want to find an ocean (too bad I'm in Nebraska). It sounds like you have a SUPER busy year with a lot of hats to wear, but I'm sure everything will work out great. I want to know more about these Acai bowls?! What are they and where can I find one, because they sound delicious! I'm glad I found you through Farley's link up!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Megan! You have got to get your hands on an acai bowl!! It's such a refreshing breakfast/snack. The base of the bowl is acai, apple juice (sometimes soy milk), strawberries, and bananas, blended up to a thick smoothie consistency. It is then topped off with fresh sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, honey, and granola! I'm off to get one this morning and will post a picture for you on instagram ;)

      Delete
  2. Girl...let's go to Tahiti together...like NOW:) I have always wanted to go there too! And I want an acai bowl too! MJ Cafe in Windward Mall has the best around I have had!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of MJ Cafe before?! I'll have to check it out the next time I"m on that side of the island!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Courtney! Those Kardashians are entertaining aren't they! Never a dull moment. And it sounds like you have a lot on your plate this year. I enjoyed being a mentor teacher and even have people in to observe, but I've hated having full time interns. It's so much work! Good luck to you! Love your trip picks! I want to go to Japan as well and you will love New York. You gotta make that one happen soon. :) Have a great Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea- thanks so much for stopping by! :) Although I'm wearing many hats, I agree- I think I will love being a mentor to both the new teachers and my student teacher! I'm lucky because I have a really great ST. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Hi Courtney! I watched the Kardashians last night too. I loved Kim's wedding dress! It sounds like you are wearing many "hats" this school year, but I am sure you will balance everything just fine. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your day off!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie!! OMG…Kim's dress was to die for! Although I must say that I don't think I could ever pull it off…but it was perfect for her :)

      Delete